Non-opensource drivers

George Farris farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca
Wed Nov 29 16:03:07 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-29-11 at 00:08 -0500, Tim Schmidt wrote:
> > Now that we have a shiny graphical installer, the parade has begun of
> > people proposing very boring things to include in it. Alas.
>
> Agreed.  Binary drivers are very boring indeed.  I'd much prefer to
> stick with the Free ones that are already there.

Someone suggested this before.  There are most likely non technical
people who read this list and the term "binary diver" is not 100%
correct in the context of this discussion.  All drivers end up being
binary in the distribution.  Proprietary driver might be a better term
and would help educate more people, which is, from reading this thread,
a part of what you are trying to accomplish.  Just a though.

Cheers