please support

Ozgur Karatas okaratas at ogr.iu.edu.tr
Wed Nov 29 11:38:07 GMT 2006

dear friends and ubuntu developers,
during the last week, there had been some problems about ubuntu in my
country. some claim that ubuntu is developed by kurds. yet, turkish
republic is against this issue. we, as a group of ubuntu volunteers,
prepared a press decleration and a meeting. regarding this, i am asking
from you valuable developers, a full authority and spokesman rights.
otherwise, i will not be able to stand in front of the misinterpretations
about ubuntu. please support and help me.

despite there is only kurdish language support in ubuntu, they claim
ubuntu is a kurdish linux and also assert that they developed it. this
kind of attitude cause turk-kurd discrimination. to work on this subject
voluntarilty, i am asking for authority spokesman rights, because, these
events troubles me and other ubuntu volunteers in my country. below, i am
sending newspaper and other press link on this issue:

http://www.milliyet.com/2006/11/21/guncel/agun.html

--
Ozgur Karatas
Ubuntu User - http://www.ubuntu.com/