hoping for suspend2 support in feisty

Hervé Fache Herve at lucidia.net
Tue Nov 28 17:28:57 GMT 2006

But will uswsusp be the default hibernation system in Feisty? uswsusp
now boasts many features that suspend2 has had for years (like
suspend-to-file support in 2.6.19, IIRC), but not swsusp.

Not to mention that suspend2 does tell you what goes wrong, swsusp
doesn't (don't know for uswsusp).

Let's face it, swsusp is so crap that the kernel developers themselves
are going away from it and developing a suspend2-like alternative! So
please please please stop telling us to use swsusp.

Hervé (I tried them all).