Harddisk Encryption

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Mon Nov 27 12:42:55 GMT 2006

Op maandag 27-11-2006 om 11:47 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Jeremy
Schoenhaar:
> That is of course a very good point. Perhaps a checkbox with the word
> Encrypt|_| next to every partition except /boot would be the solution.
> (Although I hardly trust your average Joe to know what the
> consequenses would be)

> ps Checkbox was ment for gtk/fb installer, no ncurses. And I still
> have to get to looking at the acuall code

As this is mainly targeted at 1. business users and 2. experienced
users, it shouldn't be in the live CD installer where it would only
confuse most users, but it could be an advanced option in the
alternative installer, to be used by (company) sysadmins.

--
Jan Claeys