Informal polls amongst ubuntu members/developers ?

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Mon Nov 27 12:35:12 GMT 2006

Op maandag 27-11-2006 om 10:53 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Matthew
East:
> But, discussion from the wider community would be good, so how about
> an alternative - give more time for discussion of specs by the wider
> community *before* the conferences... Specs ready in advance, good
> communications with the community to spread the word about what specs
> are planned, etc.

That sounds like a good idea; there could even be IRC discussions,
polls[1], etc. about some of the more controversial specs.  And this
should be announced through channels like the forums, the fridge and the
-announce and/or -news mailing lists.

[1] I don't mean polls as a final (dis)approval vote, as they only reach
a certain part of our user base and give a distorted view because of
that!

--
Jan Claeys