The nvidia driver

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 27 05:48:20 GMT 2006

Corey Burger skrev:
> On 11/26/06, Steven Harms <thisdyingdream at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It seems that you want to put a sub-alpha quality driver in a final release.
>>  The bug triage alone would be unbearable.
>
> It seems you want to put a binary driver of questionable quality in a
> final release. The bug triage alone would be unbearable.

Hardly, given that we basically don't support the nvidia driver.  We
ship it and update it, but we don't do anything resembling meaningful
bug triage on it.

(oh, and please use the term "binary-only" or proprietary, not "binary"
drivers.  All drivers you use are binary; the kernel doesn't use drivers
directly from .c files)

- tfheen