why did Ubuntu turn off kernel preemption in Edgy?

Alex Jones alex at weej.com
Mon Nov 27 03:14:52 GMT 2006

Hi list

> Hickups from rhythmbox during disk access is an entirely different
> issue. Try switching IO schedulers, see if one works better for you.

I don't think it's a case of something working better for /one person/.
Audio skipping is one of the most noticeable things on any computer
system, and it absolutely must not happen ever. I too have noticed that
something has changed since a few releases back, when I never had any
problems with my music when installing packages.

> Also, I'll refrain from further correspondence with you until your tone
> improves. You want answers? That's fine. You want improvement? Great, so
> do I. However, in return, I want to be addressed with the same respect I
> give you.

I think you took that a little too personally, Ben. :)
--
Alex Jones <alex at weej.com>