Harddisk Encryption

Andreas Jellinghaus aj at ciphirelabs.com
Sun Nov 26 11:02:21 GMT 2006

> But to have the option to encrypt the root partition by default during
> the installation is a very good feature request !

encrypting root by default would be a bad idea, as the encryption takes
away a lot of performance and usability (not so much because of
stressing the cpu, more because of additional latency and design issues).

Also I prefer a non-luks setup with rsa keys and passphrases on them,
so I can replace that with smart cards and pin if I prefer.

Regards, Andreas