Invitation to ubuntu developers

Chris Jones cmsj at canonical.com
Sun Nov 26 03:46:23 GMT 2006

Hi

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 11:12 +0100, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> is that this does not seem to have been discussed at all with and
> withing the ubuntu community. In fact, the first time I heard about this

The spec[0] for this was registered in October to be discussed at
UDS[1], where it was broadcast via SIP for anyone to take part in (the
recordings of which we hope to be able to get converted and somewhere
public soon). UDS was also an open event for anyone to come along to.
Various community comments have been made on the wiki page for the
spec[2] and there is even now a separate comments page[3] for them.
There's also a poll in the forums and at least one lengthy thread about
it.

All Ubuntu specs are discussed publically, but if you only pay attention
to news site headlines or blogs, you will probably not hear about them
until they are approved (or near it). All are welcome to partake in the
development of Ubuntu, but my impression is that time based specs mean
you need to be pro-active about it, rather than waiting for someone to
come and ask you.

[0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/accelerated-x
[1] http://people.ubuntu.com/~cmsj/voip/2006-11-05.html
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AcceleratedX
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AcceleratedX/Comments

(Please note that I am not involved in this spec in any way, nor am I an
Ubuntu dev. I was at UDS though, so I saw a room full of people
discussing this for some time!)

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones