Suggestion : Graphical Grub

Alien Technology French linux.fr at laposte.net
Sat Nov 25 07:49:58 GMT 2006

I have to be more precise in my suggestion : what I meaned is to keep
the white text and only add a background.
If we keep a 480x640 xpm.gz picture with maximum 14 colors in /boot/grub
and adding a line like splashimage (hd0,X) /boot/grub in menu list I
dont unterstand how to break something at boot.
VGA drivers are always supported by all graphic cards before loading the
usual xorg driver.

But if it is can get in trouble on boot it is not a good idea. My
suggestion was only to have a first contact with ubuntu in dualboot that
will be nicer that the old fashion no-splash text.
The distro is already nice-looking so a little much more is better : the
goal is to have the best distro ever seen ;-)