Harddisk Encryption

Frouin Jean-Michel snoogie at free.fr
Fri Nov 24 17:33:48 GMT 2006

Personally I use cryptsetup for my crypted hdd !
Very simple to use and very secure

sudo apt-get install cryptsetup

To create an encrypted disk (umount it first) then :
cryptsetup create crypt /dev/sda1 (if sda1 is your hdd partition to crypt)
then
mkfs.ext3 /dev/mapper/crypt
Now you can mount it : mount /dev/mapper/crypt /media/MySecureHDD
work with it then umount :)
cryptsetup remove crypt

To remount : cryptsetup create crypt /dev/sda1 THEN mount /dev/mapper/crypt
/media/MySecureHDD

I hope this help :)