Harddisk Encryption

Karoliina Salminen karoliina.t.salminen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 17:01:30 GMT 2006

Hi,

> Full disk encryption is an important security feature, especially for mobile
> devices. I am quite surprised why no Linux distribution is offering this yet
> as a default installation option. Surely this would be benefical for Ubuntu.

This would make the distribution a lot more attractive to companies with
laptop computers on the emloyees because the emloyees' laptops may contain
confidential information which then goes to wrong hands if the laptop
gets e.g. stolen.
Many companies have a policy in place where they require the
encryption, but not everybody who would like to use it are hackers
enough to do it without an UI.

It would be great if there would be easy setup UI and/or easy way to do this
at install time if chosen so.

Best Regards,
Karoliina Salminen
http://www.karoliinasalminen.com/blog