An Idea for an easier Install

Alien Technology French linux.fr at laposte.net
Wed Nov 15 07:30:17 GMT 2006

Hello,

You just have in mind that Ubuntu is worldwide distributed and all
countries have not dsl connections, so on my mind it is better to have a
functionnal distro with a maximum of local avalable softwares on disc.
But it is perhaps a good way to have a minimal graphic base (with xorg
configured and enabled) allowing user to install what he needs, in fact
a gnome desktop without totem, serpentine, rythmbox and OOo like what
Texstar do with MiniPCLOS because the first work I do after an install
is an apt-get remove unused stuff (fonts, xorg drivers....).