UDF Filesystem as replacement to FAT*, ISO9660, and other Filesystems.

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Tue Nov 14 16:36:09 GMT 2006

That is not accurate; I will have to queue a patch to fix that
documentation.  DVD+RW drives are required to support sector level
writes in the firmware, so directly mounting a udf filesystem on such a
disk via the standard device works.  For cd-rw media, the disc must be
formatted for packet write mode, and then the drive can only write in
whole packets, so to support writing to individual sectors, the pktcdvd
driver must be used to coalesce multiple writes into an entire packet,
or read the remaining parts of the packet to merge the writes with, then
write the full packet.