The Ubuntu Backup Team

Sivan Greenberg sivan at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 14 14:41:05 GMT 2006

Hi Chris!

Chris Budden wrote:

> Something I thought of whilst using hubackup today.
> It could do with a way of showing the user what file it is backing up

This should actually be apparent on the hubackup UI, although could use
some improvements as when the file name is too long it will get cut to
the right of the text label used to show which file is being worked on
at a given moment.

 > at the moment, and how long is left.  I noticed that you can see what
 > file is being added to the archive if you use it via the terminal, but
 > something like an "Advanced" screen would be helpful.

I have planned for this since I begun implementing hubackup - but I
decided to drop it out since making a user wait for scanning the source
location and it's sub folders seems just unfair, would you be willing to
sacrifice the time that would be required in order to scan the source
path (remember it might be even your entire home) just to be able to see
how many files are left?

Sivan