Efficient Coding Strategy for Desktop Environment Development

Ulrik Mikaelsson ulrik.mikaelsson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 12:44:12 GMT 2006

I could add another candidate where a lot of resources are wasted in
parallell: Filesystem indexing and meta-storage.

In general, I would say everything that could be described as a "system
service", should be implemented independent of a specific desktop.

Regarding DCOP, though, I must add I think DBUS didn't even exist when KDE
saw the need for object communication.