AJAX in Ubuntu Integration.

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 10:21:52 GMT 2006

On 11/9/06, jacky <gtkdict at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> like Adobe Apollo[1]?
>
> [1] http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Apollo

Apollo is a cross-OS runtime that allows developers to leverage their
> existing web development skills (Flash, Flex, HTML, Ajax) to build and
> deploy desktop RIA's.

In Windows, you can rename the .html file to .hta so it will run like a
normal Windows application.

At some point, yes!, it's like Apollo, however, I'm guessing Apollo will be
using another set's of libraries other than what we currently have (ie.
XUL). another question is will it be GPL? and if yes, will it's libraries
have the capability to embed itself in Gtk+/QT Widgets, like what we
currently have like gtkmozembed Widget.

The approach is like an embedded webpage in Ubiquity, that use AJAX, so
installation will be very interactive and easy to understand for new users.

Imagine the difference for new users if Windows XP does not have the avatars
that guides the user upon setting up the system, or the paperclip on MS
Office.

Somewhat making use of the graphical advancement of AJAX will make the
desktop more sensible to use.

Regards,
Joel

--
Don't let your future genes deteriorate..