Beagle badness

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Fri Nov 10 19:58:32 GMT 2006

Op vrijdag 10-11-2006 om 18:34 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Jamie
McCracken:
> crashes in tracker-extract are harmless and do not bring down the
> tracker daemon

Edgy has a crash report tool that pops up for every such a crash...  ;)

> As for the 1GB ram can you let me know what file was causing that?

> tracker itself does not consume significant memory but the underlying
> libs like gstreamer might if they are seeking into big video files.

Not sure which file, but it might have been an .iso (if those are
indexed?) or the "elephants dream" video.  I don't think there are other
large files in my home directory.

> The tracker-extract is spawned for each file so any memory used is quickly
> recovered.

Well, not so "quickly" if your system starts swapping like mad.  ;-)

> We might put an upper limit on file sizes that are extracted
> if thats the case.

At least as a temporary measure.

--
Jan Claeys