Firefox outcome (Re: Is Ubuntu going to adapt Ice Weasel?)

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 3 07:12:45 GMT 2006

Hi Scott,

Scott Dier [2006-10-23 15:49 -0500]:
> The person who I am transferring part of my work responsibilities to (I
> am moving to a new position at the end of this month) has been asking me
> if Ubuntu is planning on using newer versions of Firefox in Dapper point
> releases.  Is that the plan, or will there still be backports of
> security updates?

We will put new upstream microreleases into Dapper as long as 1.5 is
still supported from upstream (still six months). After that we have
to find someone who backports stuff to 1.5, or we have to consider
upgrading dapper to 2.0.

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?