Power down after shutdown does not work...

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Mon May 29 11:31:17 BST 2006

On 5/29/06, Dennis Kaarsemaker <dennis at kaarsemaker.net> wrote:
> On ma, 2006-05-29 at 07:32 +0200, Morgan Collett wrote:
>
> > * if it will be fixable in dapper
> 2 days left, take a guess ;)

That's what I thought. What about dapper-updates?

11 people have now commented that this affects them - several on Sony
Vaios but also Dell, Thinkpad X21, Toshiba Tecra, Acer, Asus...

Clearly now that RC has been released, more people are actually testing Dapper.

Surely it's to be expected that some issues like this will only come
up at this time? Surely they should be fixed if possible, or at least
some feedback given that it's lower priority and thus not going to be
fixed?

Anyway this issue was reported back on 10 May as I said, at severity "Major".

> > * if not, a workaround
>
> The power button.

Well, yeah. But I meant a kernel patch, or an acpi config file, or
standing on my head reciting Shakespear backwards. I'm willing to
build my own kernel to match the supplied one if somebody can supply a
patch. I'm willing to host a HOWTO - whatever it takes.

But I don't have the knowledge to arrive at that fix myself.

Morgan