Power down after shutdown does not work...

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Mon May 29 06:32:56 BST 2006

A growing number of people, myself included, are complaining about
laptops not powering off after the "Will now halt" message.

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/43961

I know this is not data-loss-in-the-installer critical, but I think
it's quite important for rocking laptop support in dapper.

I haven't seen any response on this bug since 10 May - can somebody
please check it out and let us know:

* whether it's even filed against the correct package
* if it will be fixable in dapper
* if not, a workaround

Note that this affects power off on hibernation too.

Thanks
Morgan