Picasa for Linux

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at ubuntu.com
Sat May 27 14:23:26 BST 2006

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 10:33:46AM +0800, Joel Bryan Juliano wrote:
> Google Picasa <http://picasa.google.com/linux/> for Linux is out, with a
> .deb <http://picasa.google.com/linux/thanks-deb.html> package, will this be
> available in universe repos?

The license agreement http://picasa.google.com/linux/eula.html does
not look like we can distribute it and so we can't put it into
universe or multiverse.

If google would make a repository available we might be able to get it
into gnome-app-install via the "3rd-party" repositories, but
apparently they only provide a single deb. The package itself works
fine on ubuntu. I send a mail to google asking if it would be possible
to provide a repository in additon to the current simple package.

Cheers,
 Michael