reportbug and the ubuntu-user mailing list

Jamie Jones hentai_yagi at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 24 18:47:10 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 17:40 +0100, Phil Bull wrote:
> Hi all
>
> On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 18:19 +0200, Michiel Sikma wrote:
>
> > Although we have that, I suppose it's simply too late to just remove
> > reportbug altogether now?
>
> Just a quick idea - would it be feasible to alias reportbug to
> `gnome-open https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+filebug` ?

Even if it is feasible, I'd rather you not. I run a third party
repository. All my packages utilise reportbugs features to generate
useful bug reports, including sending crash output. Reportbug mails this
(after the users confirms it) to a mailing address that I monitor daily
for bug reports. Should reportbug become an alias, you've just broken
*my* bug reporting infrastructure, because launchpad and reportbug still
can't talk to each other.

No, the correct fix, in my opinion, is to fix launchpad and reportbug to
talk to each other. Which, considering how long the bug
( https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+bug/7839 and it's duplicates! )
has been open, doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon.

--
Jamie Jones
Proprietor
Email: eyagi.consulting at gmail.com
Web: http://www.eyagiconsulting.com

GPG/PGP signed mail preferred. No HTML mail. No MS Word attachments
PGP Key ID 0x4B6E7209
Fingerprint E1FD 9D7E 6BB4 1BD4 AEB9 3091 0027 CEFA 4B6E 7209