Lexmark Bug was: (RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT: Gutenprint 5.0.0-rc3)

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Sat May 20 09:53:10 BST 2006

On Fri, 19 May 2006, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> On 5/19/06, Ondrej Sury <ondrej at sury.org> wrote:
> >>   22) The Lexmark driver should now print correctly (this is only
> >>     partially tested).
> >> 1458059 Lexmark Z52 not working
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1458059&group_id=1537&atid=101537
> This bug is also present with the Lexmark z53 in Dapper, a regression
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gutenprint/+bug/6627

If it's not working, that's a bug and should [ideally] be fixed,
particularly so if it's a regression.  Not necessarily by uploading a whole
new upstream version, but by backporting the changes made to the particular
driver if possible.

If it's isolated to that one driver and the status of that one driver is
that is "doesn't work", then this isn't a particularly risky thing to do.

I agree, I think it would be useful to highlight any known regressions in
the release notes as in some ways these are even more important than plain
"known bugs".

	-Paul
--
High on a Spanish mountain, surrounded by howling dogs.  Southampton, GB