Serious Data Loss -- Live CD Installer

John McCabe-Dansted gmatht at gmail.com
Fri May 19 09:03:58 BST 2006

On 5/19/06, Billy Charlton <billy at trigby.com> wrote:
> After two hours googling, I've also tried some other things, like
> running "ntfsresize --info --force /dev/hda1" (from ntfsresize FAQ).  It
> can't recognize the partition as NTFS.

I imagine the windows world has better NTFS repair tools than the
linux world although fortunately I do not have any destroyed NTFS
partitions to test them on.  It would be interesting to know if  there
are any tools that could repair the damage caused by ntfsresize.
Apparenlty Jeff V. Merkey was sending out tools to repair the damage
from mounting NTFS partions with a 2.4 kernel, though I doubt it would
help with this different problem.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student