Upgrading from Hoary to Dapper for more than 300 computers.

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Thu May 18 22:47:30 BST 2006

I'm going to upgrade Hoary for more than 300 computers to Dapper daily build
in our university. I'm thinking about dist-upgrade through apt-proxy to save
time, the internet bandwidth is 10 MB/s which I think is much faster than CD
install, but I doubt that it would not be safe. Should I fresh install and
ghost the hard drive image to distribute to those computers or use the
bandwidth instead?

The dapper daily build will be going to be synchronized to the apt-proxy
server from time to time until it's final.

I'm thinking about using fullblast Zeroconf and Avahi  for Gaim IM and file
transfer for those computers and later will be used for another 1000
computers. Is DHCP still needed?

--
Linux is a gun that you point to Microsoft.
- Joel Juliano