Script to Import Windows Settings

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Wed May 17 06:25:26 BST 2006

On 5/16/06, Samuel <sciyoshi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone :-)
>
> First of all, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, this is my
> first time helping out with Ubuntu. I've been writing a script that imports
> settings from a Windows partition. So far it can import bookmarks from IE in
> Windows. I was thinking it might be cool to have this as a run-once thing on
> a new install. Anyways, if you dual boot and have IE bookmarks, you should
> try it out. It's not even anywhere near complete though, so suggestions are
> welcome. Again, redirect me to where the appropriate place to post this is.
> Thanks :-)
>
> Samuel Cormier-Iijima

This is very much the correct list for that. Welcome!

There is aleady a spec underway for this, but no code[1] The idea
behind the spec would be to integrate it into ubiquity, the livecd
installer, which is written in python. It would be great if you could
enter your ideas on that wiki page and start a rocking discussion.

Cheers,

Corey
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MigrationAssistance