Perpetual wrong interfaces in netstatus-applet

Joel Bryan T. Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Sat May 13 12:42:26 BST 2006

Everytime I switched to Windows and boot back to Linux, I get a wrong
interface which does not exists in netstatus-applet, I always set it
manually to correct it. And this is not always the case, I switched my
modem into different NIC's, and reboot Linux and everytime I do it, I
get a wrong interface. Why does the settings does not reflect on the
applet? I found it very annoying.

I noticed that the information for /sbin/ifconfig doesn't reflect on the
applet. By running ifconfig, it will show the correct interface that is
currently running.

I have made a script to automatically reflect the interface
in /sbin/ifconfig to the netstatus applet, which I use personally, (that
is because I'm a full-time R&D dude, working in an R&D computer
wasteland)

the script is available here,
http://librarian.launchpad.net/2419709/fix_netstatus.sh

Is the issue in netstatus applet a bug?