Upstream fixes

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Mon May 8 13:28:58 BST 2006

Le lundi 08 mai 2006 à 02:39 -0700, Keith Curtis a écrit :
> I found that 8 of the first 75 bugs have fixes available upstream. If
> only 5% of our bugs have upstream fixes, thats 500 bugfixes. We might
> not want to take them all, but even a fraction of that would be great!

Hi, thank you for your work on that. We already do backport fixes for
bug fixed upstream. Some comments on that list:

> Evolution hang:
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/6393

There is a patch available but it's not trivial and upstream has not
commented on it yet

> AMD x864 Abiword crash:
>        https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/abiword/+bug/39367

The patch is available since today, it'll be likely backported to dapper

> DVD Slideshow
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/dvd-slideshow/+bug/43433

Fixed by a new version, new versions fix issues but also bring new bugs
often, that would be nice if somebody could backport the specific fix if
that's easy

> Evolution inbox missing with IMAP:
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/33379

duplicate of bug #21328 which is fixed to dapper

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher