MPlayer + ALSA

Fabio Berta fabio at berta.ch
Sun May 7 21:40:38 BST 2006

Hi

I'm using an up to date Dapper system and the mplayer package which is
in the repo now, is not usuable with ALSA for me. The audio is out of
sync on every movie. There have been a lot of ALSA fixes lately in the
mplayer CVS tree. So I tried a new snapshot and all my problems were
gone. I'm suggesting now, that mplayer gets repackaged with a newer
snapshot! Because I think it is quite important, that it is usuable with
ALSA!
I also filed a bug (Malone #39775) about this, but I didn't get any
response, that is why I'm posting here now.
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/mplayer/+bug/39775

greets
Fabio