Quality Control Suggestion

Paul O'Malley ompaul at eircom.net
Mon May 1 19:17:11 BST 2006

Richard Kleeman wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
>>> What mechanism would you suggest to entrain the community on a wider
>>> scale into such this exercise?
>>

>> Our milestone announcement messages could refer testers to these
>> pages; the
>> tricky bit is to have a mechanism in place to record the results
>> (whether
>> success or failure).  We use an ad-hoc wiki page for installation
>> cases at
>> the moment, but could do with something more formal.
>>
> A (somewhat primitive) wiki page is up and running and slowly dragging
> in votes:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Suite/Desktop

How about this, wiki.ubuntu.com/Top20 it is a list of the most requested
items from ubotu the rather useful  irc bot. It is a rather interesting
document naming off the what people ask for most often when they arrive
in #ubuntu.

One could point you at the bot factoids themselves but this is a bit
more human friendly.
It has an almost scientific basis, given that regularly asked for
details become factoids for the bot, and as a result get called often.

(thanks to that author gnomefreak)

Regards,

Paul O'Malley