usplash font suggestion

Adam Conrad adconrad at ubuntu.com
Mon May 1 17:58:36 BST 2006

Michiel Sikma wrote:

> I should also make a different font than the one showed in my
> screenshots. It's a tad small and it's monospaced, which isn't really
> necessary.

Monospace is actually much easier to read/track, and is much easier for
me to deal with as "the guy who may have to integrate it into usplash",
so if you do intend to start doing custom fonts for my approval, I would
prefer a monospace one.  I've already asked a few people about the
possibility of new monospace fonts that don't suck, so anything you
could come up with, I'd love to see.

(Note, I'd like to keep it "bold" looking, as I personally think a
"spindly" font looks out of place on an otherwise colour-rich image, but
I'm willing to entertain other ideas)

As for the progress bar, it's a fair bit more effort than you may think
to have a textured progress bar, but if demand was high enough, it could
probably be done.  I doubt I'd get it done for dapper, though.  I really
wish people would make suggestions like this at the beginning of a
release cycle.

... Adam