usplash font suggestion

Pete Savage debug at silentkeystroke.co.uk
Mon May 1 14:27:59 BST 2006

Michiel Sikma wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm glad that you liked the mock-up that I gave. I agree the font could
> be kind of larger. I initially made that font for designs for a game
> that I was making which was to be played at a low resolution. (In the
> end, I never made the game, though. That takes so much time.) :)
>
> I also kind of agree with James that maybe there should not be any text,
> though. What do the others think about this? Maybe just show a slightly
> beefed up progress bar, similar to the one in the default skin. Such as:
>
> http://omega.avalanchestudios.net/personal/dropbox/ubuntu_usplash_pbar0.png
>
> Some extra shades of grey would really help make that progress bar look
> better, though:
>
> http://omega.avalanchestudios.net/personal/dropbox/ubuntu_usplash_pbar1.png
>
> Are the colors in the logo the only ones that can be worked with? The
> first one I linked to only uses the colors that were already available,
> the second one uses twice as many.
>
> Regards, Michiel

After looking at these I must admit I love the progress bar theme, it
looks professional and a lot clearer than at present.  I seem to
remember there are problems in how clear the images can be displayed.

In responce to the viewing of start up messages/text, why not go down
the route fedora and others have taken, where we can choose to view
these message or not, by either clicking on a button, or pressing F2 to
view verbose message?

Pete - cbx33