Revisiting font defaults for dapper

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 31 14:40:11 BST 2006

<quote who="Matthias Klose">

> printing and viewing documents either created on other platforms and
> viewed on dapper, or created on dapper and viewed on other platforms
> caused by metric differences in the DejaVu fonts. This is a proposal to
> default to metric compatible fonts and just use DejaVu at the places where
> it should be used.

Agree. Thanks for the summary.

This will probably have to be mentioned in our upgrade notes, as existing
users will continue to have the generic alias names in their user settings
(as these were the defaults in pervious releases), and the fonts these map
to will change behind their backs.

- Jeff

--
FISL 7.0: Porto Alegre, Brazil        http://fisl.softwarelivre.org/7.0/www/

   "The Motif interface, with chunkier controls, felt more like a ghetto
                           blaster." - Liam Quin