request for synchronization of package fai-kernels

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.net
Mon Mar 27 17:05:38 BST 2006

Hi,

On 3/19/06, Guillaume Desmottes <cass at skynet.be> wrote:
> [...]
> I think you should request a UVF exception.
> See
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2006-February/000545.html
> for the procedure.

I tried to get into this. But, against which package should I file a
bug if the problem is that the package in questions isn't there? and
how do I  make a bugreport? With the reportbug tool as for Debian?

Sorry to be so annoying, I am more something like a Debian upstream
developer trying to help, I don't intend to use FAI on Ubuntu myself,
because I use Ubuntu only on the Desktop, and the package you have
synced, in the way you sync it, is, in my opinion next to unusable.
Which then in turn comes back to the FAI community, which makes a lot
of work we didn't volunteer for.

I really need some help from others with this, I cannot spent much
time on this, and if it's all used for bureaucratic stuff, there's no
time left for technical fixes.
So, people interested in having a good FAI package in Ubuntu should
feel triggered now...

Henning