Dapper Release

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Wed Mar 22 12:41:00 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 13:24 +0100, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as I see, the current Plan is to release Dapper in June with 5 years of
> support. My proposal would be to release Dapper as previously planned in
> April and with 3 years of support. Then go for the next release and make this
> one the one with 5 years. The reasons are that first, the next release will
> still be before Windows Vista and second it could have some nice features,
> especially for notebook users like network-manager and gnome-powersave.
Microsoft is currently saying: "...with business availability in
November 2006 and broad consumer availability in January 2007" [1]

As for dapper, meetings have finished, and the announcement has been
sent out [2]. So this discussion is over (until next time.)

Duncan

[1]
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/mar06/03-21WindowsVistaDeliveryPR.mspx
[2]