Removing 'Configure Login Manager' From GDM Menu

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 20 10:16:03 GMT 2006

On 3/17/06, Lukas Sabota <punkrockguy318 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Currently, the 'Configure Login Manager' command is present from the GDM
> Options menu.  Ubuntu does not install a root account by default, and
> this action uses the root account.  This action is crippled by default.
>
> I have already filed a bug report, but I'd like to hear other people's
> opinion on whether this should be removed or not.  What are your
> opinions on this matter?

A couple of thoughts: It needs to either: work, or be removed, it is
very unprofessional as it is.

Also, if it is kept in, then it should be very clear that in order to
use it you need to enter a root/admin password in the GDM input box -
currently the box just silently changes fron 'username' to password
and only observant users will realise that the menu option has
actually done something!

I don't think it needs to be there, really

Who