Software Properties Proposal

Robert Stoffers rstoffers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 12:15:53 GMT 2006

Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 18.03.2006, 20:55 +1000 schrieb Robert Stoffers:
>
>> Although there are some important changes there, I hope the impending
>> delay doesn't cause a mini explosion of these things and cause the
>> original reasons for the delay to become forgotten or blurred. We have
>> already seen similar requests in regards to Network Manager.
>
> as far as I know the NM issue is about a complete rewrite and yet
> missing integration into Ubuntu. In contrast the code for my proposal
> already exists.
>
> The only big addition that includes deeper code changes is the
> child/parent channel feature.

Having taken a look at the NM + WPA guides that exist, the code also
exists for this change just not within the Ubuntu-sphere[1] itself. In
all fairness I would have rather seen all such requests bought up at one
of the two delay discussion meetings or not at all (I believe the NM one
was).

Robert Stoffers

[1] Code is available out of several CVS repositories, as listed at
http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/Network_Manager_with_WPA.

Ubuntu - rob1 at ubuntu.com
Townsville Linux Users Group - http://tlug.dnho.net
Freenode Support Staff - irc.freenode.net