Bug Triage Project - WAS: Re: Dapper Flight 5 Installation Report

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 16:50:39 GMT 2006

On 3/15/06, Dennis Kaarsemaker <dennis at kaarsemaker.net> wrote:
> On di, 2006-03-14 at 20:49 -0600, Michael Favia wrote:
> > Is there an official bug triaging group for ubuntu (wiki turns up
> > nothing)? If so i would like to volunteer some time each week to
> > helping the project meet its goals. If not i would like to spearhead
> > an effort to organize such a group to make bug reporters feel valued
> > for taking the time to provide the valuable input they give to the
> > project and equally importantly discriminate the true bugs from the
> > anomalies of userland.
>
> Several people are subscribed to the ubuntu-bugs list and spend quite
> some time doing basic triaging. However - this group is not too well
> organized yet and is short of manpower (at least that's how I see it).
>
> Daniel Holbach is doing his best to organize bug/hug days but a more
> solid bug triaging work would be welcome. When I started doing bug
> triaging in novermber last year, I visited lots of old bugs that did not
> get a single response - this is simply caused by a lack of bug triaging
> people. The situation has improved since then but al help is welcome.

There are a lot of old forgotten bug in Malone.  Bugs without any
few additional answers from the reporter (version of Ubuntu?, copy
xorg.log?, etc)  Bugs that were solved months ago but nobody bothered
closing the report.  And bugs that were not assigned to anyone and
appear to simply fall between the cracks.

It seems everytime I take a quick look at Malone I can find a few bugs
that needed some love;  so it really feel like it is the tip of a
large iceberg.

Hopefully the next bug/hug day will generates a lot of hugs :)

--
Daniel Robitaille