[gjasny@web.de: xserver-xorg-driver-ati: ATI driver package does not provide xserver-xorg-driver]

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Mar 15 12:09:04 GMT 2006

----- Forwarded message from Gregor Jasny <gjasny at web.de> -----

Subject: xserver-xorg-driver-ati: ATI driver package does not provide
	xserver-xorg-driver
From: Gregor Jasny <gjasny at web.de>
To: daniel.stone at ubuntu.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:57:39 +0100

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for not using the ubuntu bugtracker. Reportbug on Ubuntu tries to
use the Debain MTA for submitting bugs.

Gregor

xserver-xorg-driver
Package: xserver-xorg-driver-ati
Version: 1:6.5.7.3-0ubuntu1
Severity: normal

Hi,

bcause I have only limited disk space on my laptop, I removed all
unnecessary drivers. When I tried to remove the voodoo driver, I got an
error stating that voodoo is the last driver which is providing
xserver-xorg-driver. It seems that the ati driver does not provide this.

Ciao,
Gregor

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
  APT prefers dapper-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'dapper-updates'), (500, 'dapper-security'), (500,
'dapper-backports'), (500, 'dapper')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.15-18-686
Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)

Versions of packages xserver-xorg-driver-ati depends on:
ii  libc6                   2.3.6-0ubuntu9   GNU C Library: Shared
libraries an
ii  xserver-xorg-core       1:1.0.1-0ubuntu7 X.Org X server -- core
server

xserver-xorg-driver-ati recommends no packages.

-- no debconf information