Gnome Screensaver issues?

Dana Olson dana at ubuntustudio.com
Mon Mar 13 07:32:17 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 02:37 +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> i just say that apparently people only complain about it without being
> helpful and filing bugs, as long as i'm not aware about any problems i
> cant fix them... (the only proven list of problems i see are 3 bugs as i
> said before, 3 bugs doesnt seem like a major regression) so if you
> discover a problem, please file a bug :)

I will soon file bugs for Egoboo, bzFlag, Maelstrom, Armagetron,
Bomberclone, Briquolo, and glTron. I'm only at the Js so far, and I'm
not testing every single game, only the ones that seemed interesting to
me. I still have about 35 games to test, as I have only tested 15 so
far. I am guessing that in the end, I'll have about 25 games or so that
will have this "bug." Before I start filing, to be sure, you want
individual bugs filed against the games instead of one bug filed against
gnome-screensaver... correct?

Now, I'm not sure where to file a bug for Professor Fizzwizzle, being it
is a commercial game. It's the only one I've tested so far, and I
imagine it's not the only one that is interrupted by gnome-screensaver.
I have many commercial games that I could test, but there's no real
point if there is nowhere to file the bugs so they will get fixed. For
instance, Loki no longer exists, so none of their games will be patched
if they exhibit this bug.

Dana