Call for testing the new dist-upgrade process

Peter spidas at optonline.net
Sat Mar 4 09:15:06 GMT 2006

Saturday, March 4, 2006

Hello There,

The Update-Tool worked flawlessly on my system :- ThinkPad T42P
(HardDrive-60GB; Mem-2GB).

Kind of new to Linux (Debian/Ubuntu), ... catching up fast, but took
awhile to locate the required files to modify (using vi, ... learning
emacs), ... in the future could you include the location of these files
in the instructions (in parenthesis), just for the newbies like me?
(there will always be newbies!).  Looking forward to the upgrade.

Peter.

Running Ubuntu (Laptop) and Debian-Testing (Server) and having a ball!!!