debian initramfs IP-Config problems?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Fri Mar 3 23:37:28 GMT 2006

the ipconfig in the initramfs-tools packages is a bit too quiet on
outputting information when trying to use a network filesystem. I have
one machine in which the DHCP server is seeing requests, and answering
them, but ipconfig is not seeing them, and there's no indication of what
it's doing. The udhcpc in initrd-netboot tools seems fine on this
machine.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer at hozed.org

Somone asked me why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz