Freeze? IPW2200

Alejandro Bonilla abonilla at linuxwireless.org
Thu Mar 9 06:29:34 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 17:40 -0800, Miles Lane wrote:
> On 3/8/06, Paul Sladen <ubuntu at paul.sladen.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> >
> > Hello Alejandro,
> >
> > > Are we on a package freeze?
> >
> > Yes, very much so.
> >
> > > we need to include the ipw2200-fw-3.0 into the main CD's and so on.
> >
> > Does this new firmware work with the existing kernel-driver and solve the
> > problem, or does it require a rev to the kernel-driver aswell?
>
> Yes, a new driver is required.  I am not sure if the latest ieee80211 driver
> stuff is needed also.  You can ask here:  ipw2100-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Or try:
>       Zhu Yi <yi.zhu at intel.com>
>       James Ketrenos <jketreno at linux.intel.com>
>
> > Second.  Can you provide some URLs please.
>
> http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/firmware.php?fid=7
> http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
> http://ieee80211.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

The latest ieee80211, firmware, ipw2200, ipw2100 and new Project ipw3945
should make it into Dapper. This is -really- an used Wireless card and
we can avoid trouble by having this included. I know that  by monday, we
will have a nice and ready version that could be pushed into Dapper.

Please consider it.

.Alejandro