Grammar in Documentation

Rocco Stanzione grasshopper at linuxkungfu.org
Mon Mar 6 21:41:22 GMT 2006

I probably care more about this than most people, but to me one of the
significant contributions to the lack of "polish" in Linux vs. most
commercial software is the lack of attention to spelling/grammar in the
documentation.  I've just begun submitting patches for these things to
projects upstream, but it's a tedious process.  Apt-get source package.
Copy, grep, read, fix, diff, email.  I would like to see an interface where I
could easily browse to documentation files, edit them as in a wiki, and have
my changes submitted as a patch.  Or something similar.  This would mostly be
useful, for now, for Ubuntu-specific documentation, since I assume we'd
prefer to have things like this come from upstream.  I'm sure this is less
important than translations, for example, but it's an area where I'm very
willing and able to contribute and I think that for many users it could
accumulate into a significant impact on polish.  What do you think?

Rocco Stanzione