Spec suggestion : dependancies with a non-networked computer

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 12:18:25 GMT 2006

Nice!

The only weakness of this solution, it seems, is that Alice must use
synaptic on her non-connected computer first to create the script
which she takes to the connected machine. On Windows, you just go
straight to the connected machine and download the .exe.

If synaptic had a 'create offline installer' capability where it would
assume a default Ubuntu install and download all the.deb's needed to
install some package, then you wouldn't need to export a script from
the non-connected machine first, but you might end up downloading more
.deb's than you really had to.