idea for tutorial during installation

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 6 10:39:45 GMT 2006

On 3/3/06, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 22:21 +0100, Udo 'Robos' Puetz wrote:
> > Hi List.
> > Here my idea: how about we show the user what his system will look like when
> > it has installed.
>
> This is being worked on for Ubuntu 6.04. We hope it will be ready in
> time for release.

Will there be a way to play it back on first start up?

I think it would be really good if a user could select to have
features showed to them one at a time - so for example a new one on
each start up....

Also, would it be possible to make a help inteface that was a kind of
interactive screenshot - moving the mouse over certain areas brings up
tooltips/bubbles explaining the purpose of that part of the screen,
and giving the option to show a clip of it being used/configured?

Who