Dapper feature request: Firefox bookmarks

MadMan2k madman2k at gmx.de
Fri Mar 3 20:49:21 GMT 2006

Karl Hegbloom wrote:
> Please create a default bookmark to the WikiMedia sites; at least to
> Wikipedia, Wiktionary, and Wikibooks.
>
> Some of my friends are saying that "a lot of people" would also like to
> have bookmarks to indymedia.org and other non-commercial news media
> sites.
>
> Others would like to see links to a sampling of OSS project pages.
> (Gnuradio, OpenDesktop.org, etc.)
>
> Adding things like that to the default bookmark collection would do much
> towards making people aware of their existence.
please not. I alsways hated this behaviour on windows.
If I start a program I want to use it and not be spammed with $anything.
If you want to make the user aware of OSS projects, create a page in
help and link it on the desktop or something, but dont spread the
information all over the desktop, forcing the user to invest time in
order to get rid of it.

M2k