MoM is running

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 28 18:38:46 BST 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 04:06:59AM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> MoM is currently doing the first official run over the archive, it may
> have finished by the time you read this, or it may have choked on
> another corner case somewhere.
>
> Either way, there's plenty of output to get chewing on.

Excellent!

> E-mails/bugs aren't being sent out just yet (got to improve my Malone
> driver) so merges need to be taken manually for now. Go to:

I'm not entirely sure that a bug tracker is the best tool for this job.  The
last time around, we ended up with a lot of stale MOM bugs which were no
longer applicable.

Maybe it would be better to maintain a simple web page with two lists:

- Packages which haven't yet been merged in Edgy at all
- Packages which have been merged at least once, but are out of date again

and work to shrink the first list to zero.  We want a report like this
anyway, and it seems cumbersome to do with Malone.

Malone does have the advantage of allowing developers to claim merges
easily, but that seems to be its only one.  We don't particularly want its
other functionality for this task, and a lightweight process might suit us
better.

Thoughts?

>  * If there are no problems with the merge, you are given a source
>    package and a new patch-from-debian -- make sure that's sane, if so,
>    generate a changes file, sign and upload

In general, it's a good idea to summarize the remaining Ubuntu changes in
the changelog where they're manageable.

--
 - mdz