Public Directories

Ryan Bair ryandbair at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 15:34:33 BST 2006

Unfortunately, that still doesn't give anyone permission to write
files. You can give them right access to the directory and its
contents, however they will not spill over for newly added files.
Even worse, if a different user adds a file than the owner of the
directory, the directory owner will not be able to take permissions of
the file AFAIK without going to root.